Friday, February 6, 2009

Life Lessons from Nana and Her Aunt Ethel

Not many people are fortunate enough to say they have had the opportunity to live with their grandma. And while its not always easy, it is definitely so rewarding.

Let me take this opportunity to tell a little about Nana. She has one of the biggest hearts in the world (despite the fact that she had open heart surgery this summer, she still has a heart of gold). She loves abundantly, forgives easily, laughs freely, dances like no one's watching, lives boldly, and never lets anyone go hungry.

I have learned so much from her in these past months, so I figure I will write down all her life lessons.

These are from her Aunt Ethel:

1. Compliment at least 5-10 people a day (doesn't matter who, just as long as its genuine)

2. Smile at everyone you see

3. If you see someone who seems down, say a quick prayer for them

All should be things I do anyways, but its always good to have a reminder!

No comments:

Post a Comment