I LOVE my life. Kindergarten is so cool. We get to sing songs rap songs about the itsy-bitsy spider and peanut butter! These kids are so easily excitable and so easily captivated. These kids have seen far too much of this broken world at 5 years old, but when they come to school, they are still just kids, eager to learn and be loved. I feel my heart growing more and more everyday. I wake up in the morning happy to go to school to see them and am sad to leave them at the end of the day. Their sadness, pain, and anger make me feel sadness, pain, and anger. Their seemingly insignificant, but HUGE joys (such as helping their friends, or coloring a picture, or finishing a puzzle) fill my cup with overflowing joy. I want to adopt every single one of them and help them make good choices! It's so great to finally feel like I am doing what I should be doing and that I can really impact these kids who need it so much.
This song has been in my head these days as a reminder that the precious kindergartners are always watching me... and that my choices should constantly be a light of Christ to these kids who probably have never been told about Jesus before. And while I can't necessarily teach them that, I can definitely be a role model in their life who makes good choices and shows them that they are worthy, valued, and loved.
It’s your life
What you gonna do?
The world is watching you
Every day the choices you make
Say what you are and who
Your heart beats for
It’s an open door
It’s your life
God,
Use me everyday to give these kids what they need. Please shine through me and help me to show these kids that they are important, valuable, special, amazing, and ultimately yours. Thank you for putting me in a place where I can be a light for you in a very dark world.
Amen!
This song has been in my head these days as a reminder that the precious kindergartners are always watching me... and that my choices should constantly be a light of Christ to these kids who probably have never been told about Jesus before. And while I can't necessarily teach them that, I can definitely be a role model in their life who makes good choices and shows them that they are worthy, valued, and loved.
It’s your life
What you gonna do?
The world is watching you
Every day the choices you make
Say what you are and who
Your heart beats for
It’s an open door
It’s your life
God,
Use me everyday to give these kids what they need. Please shine through me and help me to show these kids that they are important, valuable, special, amazing, and ultimately yours. Thank you for putting me in a place where I can be a light for you in a very dark world.
Amen!
No comments:
Post a Comment